I sing to her too, i usually sing the Seal song “Kiss On A Rose”, i don’t think she likes it much but i am usually having a glass of wine when i sing it so i don’t mind, at all.
Quinn (named after Harley Quinn. I am thinking i should’ve named her Angel or something, she is so moody & destructive at times. Maybe because she’s named after a psycho path? Hmm) is the only cat i have owned, ever. She is definitely a unique one from the things i tell people but she is also a cat.
It doesn’t matter if the house is burning down around us, she will without hesitation ignore me and all i say. She will continue her bath until she is finished grooming even if a mouse toy covered in cat nip is thrown at her head. She is going to be nice and sweet while she hugs me (she actually hugs me but no one else) then right before she is over it, she usually bites my ear or around it.
She is a rambunctious 1 year old so i know she is still getting in tune with her kitty cuteness but i wish she would understand just because her paw is up her claws don’t have to be out or that she won’t starve just because she may see a tiny hint of her bowl from under her food.
I do want to keep her happy though. Making sure she has the best quality treats, food, and play things. So the house isn’t destroyed by the time i get home from work.
She also has these aggravating but quirky things she will do. I think it is totally planned and on purpose. Like while i am cleaning her litterbox, she will come pee or unload, ya know however she is feeling at the time. Also like fitting into the smallest places such as a sock drawer and pulls my matching socks apart. I have no idea, i think she is a magician. Oh and she also sleeps right on top of my head some nights. She did this every night for her first 4 months.
Some of the things i say to her, i never thought would come out of my mouth, ever.
• Don’t leave your crack mice (cat nip mouse) in the floor for me to step on. They are slobbery!
• Stop drinking the water from my cup, you have your own.
• Slide over, your taking up almost the entire queen bed.
• Stop trying to rub your butt on the dog and his blanket.
• Why do you always do the opposite of what i say or not at all.
• If you love me why do you bite me in the face?
• Do you like your new dresses? You look so elegant.
• Get that thing off my head & put it on the floor.
• The dog isn’t your personal jungle gym just because he’s old.
• Get that out of your mouth, you’re a cat!
I have a special bond with her after all of this though. I’m the only person she will lay around with, give kisses to, and let me hold her (sometimes even while she sleeps).
I can’t wait to see more of her traits as she gets order. She is hilarious now, so i can only imagine..
What is something your pet does that makes you say something and then immediately think “did i just say that, really” then giggle to yourself or in your pets face (they like that).