I love making protein cookies, my favorite kind of cookies are sugar cookies so you can imagine how I may mow these these down!
Everyone could use more protein, what a better way than to get it from a cookie?! Your probably wondering why put protein in a cookie? Protein helps you build muscle, which not only makes you look toned, but also boosts your metabolism, & keeps you fuller for longer and the fact that it’s in a cookie is an added bonus!
I froze the second batch of cookies for when I’m needing a pick me up or just when I want to bake something. I love to bake, i think its so relaxing and what can be better to have something to snack on after its all said and done.
1 cup white flour
1 cup unflavored whey protein powder (or vanilla Shakeology)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup butter (room temp.)
3/4 cup erythritol
4 packets stevia powder
1 whole egg 1 egg white
1/4 tsp vanilla powder (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
4 tsp coloured sprinkles
1. Mix flour, whey powder (or vanilla Shakeology), baking powder, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
2. In another bowl, mix butter until creamy, then beat in erythritol and stevia, then egg, egg white and vanilla.
3. Combine the flour mix into the butter mix, bit by bit until a crumbly dough forms.
4. Press into 2 balls, roll the first until its about 1/4 inch thick.
5. Use a table spoon to roll cookies into small round balls (I like to do little squares).
6. Decorate cookies with sprinkles. (If desired)
7. Bake at 350°F for 5-7 minutes.
What is your favorite cookie recipe?