I have had anxiety since i can remember i just never knew what it was and i couldn’t explain it without someone telling me it was all in my head or just for someone to tell me to get over it (as if it’s as easy as that). I’ve talked to my doctor who has prescribed medications to help me deal with my daily life. I take that medication but i also help manage my anxiety naturally.
There usually isn’t just one thing that can place you in the throws of a panic attack, it can happen at any time really.
When you feel the storm rolling in you’ll notice your heart rate speeds drasticly, which causes you to feel dizzy or faint sometimes even weak, sweating, my muscles tense up, chest pains, numbing of the fingers, difficulty breathing or taking in breaths, also the lose of control is persistent.
When an attack occurs i want to be left alone to deal with the mess that is going on in my head. Sometimes i don’t know how i will make it through one that seems like it is going on forever when in reality is only a couple of minutes. Once it’s usually over i have tears streaming down my face while i gasp for air.
What is anxiety?
Anxiety is a mental health disorder characterized by feelings of worry, anxiety, or fear that are strong enough to interrupt with one’s daily life.
5 Things People Living With Anxiety Want You To Know:
1. Anxiety disorders are not just worrying, it can be debilitating and disabling condition.
2. Anxiety suffers don’t like to worry, but that is how this illness keeps us as prisoners in our own bodies.
3. People with anxiety disorders are not antisocial. Given the way our body reacts to anxiety we try not to put ourselves in a situation that can bring on an attack.
4. We are still a work in progress, which may feel to us like a never ending process.
5. Our anxiety disorder isn’t who we are, it isn’t our personality. We shouldn’t be defined by the borders we’ve set for ourselves to help keep our anxiety at bay.